- Roles of the editorial board
- The editorial board shall be to edit and publish journals of the Ichthyological Society and presently publishes two official journals, Ichthyological Research (in English) quarterly (in January, April, July and November) and Japanese Journal of Ichthyology (in Japanese) twice a year (in April and November).
- Organization of the editorial board
- The editorial board consists of editor-in-chief, managing editor in English, managing editor in Japanese and more than dozen of editors. The term for editors is two years and re-election of the same individuals cannot be avoided.
Editor-In-Chief: Yoshiaki Kai
Managing Editor in English: Gen Kume, Naoki Yagishita
Managing Editor in Japanese: Tomoyuki Kokita
- Chris Burridge, Terry J. Donaldson, Hisashi Imamura, Nao Kagawa, Mari Kawaguchi, Toshio Kawai, Itsuro Koizumi, B. Mabel Manjaji-Matsumoto, Peter R. Møller, Yohei Nakamura, Makoto Okamoto, Yoshitaka Sakakura, Aya Sato, Daisuke Tahara, Hiroshi Takahashi, Tomohiro Takeyama, Heok Hui Tan, Yoshinori Taniguchi, Fumihito Tashiro, Thomas Trnski, William T. White
- Advisory Board:
- Jason B. Dunham (USA), Lee-Shing Fang (Taiwan), Jeffrey M. Leis (Australia), Keiichi Matsuura (Japan), Philip Munday (Australia), Edward O. Murdy (USA), Mutsumi Nishida (Japan), Lynne R. Parenti (USA), Mitsuhiko Sano(Japan), Kwang-Tsao Shao (Taiwan), Valentina G. Sideleva (Russia), Edward O. Wiley (USA)