- Roles of the editorial board
- The editorial board shall be to edit and publish journals of the Ichthyological Society and presently publishes two official journals, Ichthyological Research (in English) quarterly (in January, April, July and November) and Japanese Journal of Ichthyology (in Japanese) twice a year (in April and November).
- Organization of the editorial board
- The editorial board consists of editor-in-chief, managing editor in English, managing editor in Japanese and more than dozen of editors. The term for editors is two years and re-election of the same individuals cannot be avoided.
Editor-In-Chief: Tomoyuki Kokita
Managing Editor in English: Gen Kume, Mizuki Matsunuma
Managing Editor in Japanese: Fumihito Tashiro
- Terry J. Donaldson, Leanne Faulks, Yasuyuki Hashiguchi, Yusuke Hibino, Nao Kagawa, Yoshiaki Kai, Mari Kawaguchi, Toshio Kawai, Itsuro Koizumi, B. Mabel Manjaji-Matsumoto, Yohei Nakamura, Naohide Nakayama, Makoto Okamoto, Yoshitaka Sakakura, Aya Sato, Tamaki Shimose, Daisuke Tahara, Hiroshi Takahashi, Munehiro Takami, Tomohiro Takeyama, Yoshinori Taniguchi, Thomas Trnski, William T. White, Naoki Yagishita
- Advisory Board:
- Jason B. Dunham (USA), Lee-Shing Fang (Taiwan), Graham S. Hardy (New Zealand), Jeffrey M. Leis (Australia), Keiichi Matsuura (Japan), Philip Munday (Australia), Edward O. Murdy (USA), Mutsumi Nishida (Japan), Lynne R. Parenti (USA), Mitsuhiko Sano (Japan), Kwang-Tsao Shao (Taiwan), Valentina G. Sideleva (Russia), Edward O. Wiley (USA)